CARF Commends Mirasol's "Established Pattern of Excellence"
Mirasol has just received three-year accreditation from the Commission on Accreditation of Rehabilitation Facilities (CARF). The survey report commended Mirasol for its "dedication and commitment to improving the quality of the lives of the persons served" and its "established pattern of practice excellence".
The CARF survey report described Mirasol's residential eating disorder treatment program as follows:
- Mirasol has a seasoned staff that is capable of helping women deal effectively with eating disorders and return to a lifestyle free from these disorders.
- Mirasol CEO Jeanne Rust, PhD, is "a leader in the field in developing innovative interventions that will help individuals with eating disorders overcome their disorders".
- The outcomes data have shown over the last three years a dramatic reduction in depressive characteristics, an increase in self-esteem, and a reduction in personal destructive traits ...
- Mirasol has been fully licensed by the Arizona Board of Behavioral Health Examiners since 1999. The organization prides itself on its cutting-edge therapies such as cognitive-behavioral therapy, dialectical-behavioral therapy, Gestalt psychology, eye movement desensitization and reprocessing, and ... experiential therapies. Adjunctive therapies are provided by professionals certified in their various fields, such as neurofeedback, art therapy, meditation, therapeutic recreation, and yoga. Additional therapies include exercise therapy, dance/movement therapy, art therapy, polarity therapy and nutritional education. Each client participates for a minimum of six hours a week in these specialty modalities.
- The organization's alternative approach to eating disorder recovery has a success rate that is twice the industry average. Services are holistic in nature and deeply spiritual, with emphasis on the mind, body, spirit and soul.
- Clients interviewed are very pleased with services and staff members. Several talked about how much they have learned and how their lives have changed through the unique therapies offered at Mirasol. One said she felt Mirasol was "magic," and all agreed on how caring the staff members are.
- The enthusiasm and empathy of the management and staff members promote a healthy and caring setting for all persons served who report staff members are always available and work as a team.
- The commitment, dedication, compassion, enthusiasm, and skills of very professional staff members are impressive and infectious. Leadership strives to hire and retain individuals who clearly meet and exceed state-required qualifications.
The CARF survey contained surprisingly few recommendations, but included an admonition to do a better job of communicating Mirasol's achievements to present and future clients, referring therapists and other stakeholders!
Mirasol is thrilled and humbled to be so recognized by CARF. We thank the members of the survey team for their thorough assessment, and we pledge to follow CARF's guidelines and to do our best to continually exceed the expectations of CARF, our clients, their families and members of the community.