Mirasol Clients Give Back
Mirasol's intention embodies Gandhi's beautiful words, "The best way to find yourself is to lose yourself in the service of others."
When clients arrive at Mirasol, they are entrenched in their illness, which makes for a very small world with limited vision. They are often consumed with themselves and find it difficult to gain perspective. Our mission is to find ways to reach the client and broaden their capacity for insight and positive change.
One of the ways we do this is by providing opportunities to volunteer at community service organizations including local food bank, wildlife rescue and Church on the Street, and at Ben's Bells, a community-wide art therapy project that promotes kindness through the creation and distribution of handmade clay bells.
This community involvement broadens the client's capacity for connection and empathy, and makes a valuable contribution to the world that clients can take with them after their stay at Mirasol.
For more information, visit bensbells.org.
Top 10 Eating Disorder Blogs of 2015
Eating Disorder Hope Award
- Fall Backpacking Trip October 18-20, 2016
- Embrace: The Movie September 20, 2016
- Shift. Focus. Evolve. August 31, 2016
- Maria's Worlds August 30, 2016
- The Challenges of Summer July 15, 2016
- High Ropes Course Challenges Families to Develop New Dynamic June 20, 2016
- Mirasol's Family Program: Recovery for the Whole Family June 16, 2016
- Eating Disorders, Shame and Tools for Recovery June 9, 2016
- Esquire Magazine's Recipe for Male Anorexia April 26, 2016
- Backpacking with Clients: What We Brought, And What We Took Away April 20, 2016
- Finding Yourself in the Middle of Nowhere April 20, 2016
- Eating Disorders and Sexuality: A Mirasol Panel Discussion March 10, 2016
- Straight Talk on Body Image: A Mirasol Panel Discussion February 22, 2016
- Treatment Center Reviews February 16, 2016
- Art Therapy: Challenging the Inner Critic February 8, 2016
- Men Experience Eating Disorders Too! February 8, 2016
- Jenn’s Story: Learning to Put Recovery First January 27, 2016
- “Reflections:” A Powerful Tool for Healing Relationships, Developing Personal Responsibility, and Moving Forward in Recovery January 23, 2016
- The Best Present: The Neurobiology of Giving December 16, 2015
- Having Faith: A Mirasol Client Video Testimonial December 11, 2015