On her last day in treatment at Mirasol's teen residence, Tori reflects on her experience at Mirasol, including a brief stay at another eating disorder treatment facility.
"Right when I came in, I was cared for and I was loved, and people really wanted to help me."
"No other treatment center is like this. It's so individualized."
"The therapists here and all of the staff members are very, very caring. You can tell that they really love you and they really want the best for you. I remember going into my sessions and I just felt like I could be myself, like I could say whatever I wanted, whatever I was feeling, and I was not judged at all."
"I feel like I'm a very strong person because I'm in recovery now, and I wouldn't have been in recovery if it wasn't for coming here and learning all these amazing things."
"I'm looking forward to seeing my family and showing them how amazing I'm doing. I want to prove to them that I'm a much stronger person now and I'm going to kick butt in my recovery.".
Top 10 Eating Disorder Blogs of 2015
Eating Disorder Hope Award
- The Promise of Trans-Cranial Electrical Stimulation November 5, 2016
- Fall Backpacking Trip October 18-20, 2016
- Embrace: The Movie September 20, 2016
- Shift. Focus. Evolve. August 31, 2016
- Maria's Worlds August 30, 2016
- The Challenges of Summer July 15, 2016
- High Ropes Course Challenges Families to Develop New Dynamic June 20, 2016
- Mirasol's Family Program: Recovery for the Whole Family June 16, 2016
- Eating Disorders, Shame and Tools for Recovery June 9, 2016
- Esquire Magazine's Recipe for Male Anorexia April 26, 2016
- Backpacking with Clients: What We Brought, And What We Took Away April 20, 2016
- Finding Yourself in the Middle of Nowhere April 20, 2016
- Eating Disorders and Sexuality: A Mirasol Panel Discussion March 10, 2016
- Straight Talk on Body Image: A Mirasol Panel Discussion February 22, 2016
- Treatment Center Reviews February 16, 2016
- Art Therapy: Challenging the Inner Critic February 8, 2016
- Men Experience Eating Disorders Too! February 8, 2016
- Jenn’s Story: Learning to Put Recovery First January 27, 2016
- “Reflections:” A Powerful Tool for Healing Relationships, Developing Personal Responsibility, and Moving Forward in Recovery January 23, 2016
- The Best Present: The Neurobiology of Giving December 16, 2015
- Having Faith: A Mirasol Client Video Testimonial December 11, 2015