Careers at Mirasol
Mirasol is an eating disorder treatment center with a strong focus on alternative medicine and holistic health. We have several residential facilities in beautiful home-like environmenst in Tucson, Arizona. We are currently seeking candidates for the following positions. Applicants should have a strong interest in the treatment of eating disorders and enjoy being active members of a multidisciplinary treatment team with a strong focus on integrative medicine. Send a cover letter and resume via email to Mirasol Human Resources.
Complete an employment application
Behavioral Health Nurse - RN
Are you interested in working with adults & adolescents and the treatment of eating disorders? If you are looking for a flexible position where you can make a different in the field of behaviorial health, this may be the job for you!
This is unique position that blends medical nursing with behavioral health at an integrative health facility. Our RNs are responsible for monitoring the health and welfare of clients and serve as liaisons between clients and physicians.
Job Type: Full-time
Quality attributes for position include:
- strong nursing/triage skills
- mastery of therapeutic communication
- ability to act independently
- comfortable working with both adolescents and adults
- strong communcation skills!!
Training and Education Requirements
- graduation from an accredited school of nursing, RN program
- current/clean Arizona license as a Registered Nurse
- three years of progressively responsible nursing experience, with some experience in Psychiatric and/or eating disorders preferred
- clean work record with the Arizona Board of Nursing
- proficiency in standard communications tools including Microsoft Office, EMR highly desirable
- OR, any combination or academic education, professional training, or work experience which demonstrates the ability to perform the duties of the position.
- current Fingerprint Clearance Card and CPR/First Aid certification
- current Mantoux Skin test (TB)
- Current Arizona license as a Registered Nurse
Behavioral Health Therapist
Seeking full time experienced counselor/therapist familiar with eating disorders and experiential modalities to join a team of dedicated professionals in residential and out patient settings.
- Master's degree in Counseling, Social Work, or Psychology
- Licensed or eligible for licensure by the Arizona State Board of Behavioral Health Examiners
- Professional work experience with eating disorders OR, any combination of academic education, professional training or work experience which demonstrates the ability to perform the duties of the position
Preference will be given to experiential therapists with outdoor skills and EMDR.
- a current Fingerprint Clearance Card and CPR/First Aid certification
- a copy of all diplomas/certifications and licensure
- a current Mantoux Skin test (TB)
Counselor Assistant (CA)
Full-Time (32 - 40 hours per week) & Part Time (16/24 hrs per week)
Duties and Responsibilities
- Supervises clients as necessary during meals and snacks and while on outings
- Supports the Therapist in maintenance of client charts and general clinical duties
- Monitors clients in the self-administration of medications and maintains/documents medication log of medications self administered by clients
- Provides support to the client as needed; transports clients to group meetings or appointments
- May be required to perform bed checks and document in client charts
- May be required to wake clients in the morning and may be required to clean kitchen and/or serving area after snacks/meals
- High School diploma or GED
- Must be at least 21 years of age
- Associate's degree in counseling, Behavioral Health or associated field preferred
- At least one year of experience in a healthcare environment; professional work experience with eating disorders preferred
Any combination of academic education, professional training or work experience which demonstrates the ability to perform the duties of the position.
Successful applicants will need to obtain a Fingerprint Clearance Card, CPR/First Aid certification and a Mantoux Skin test(TB) and proof of a clean driving record.
Cook (PRN or "as needed", includes weekends)
We are looking for a self-driven cook who has the ability to accomplish all assigned tasks without direct supervision. Our menu includes fresh, healthy foods and many vegetarian options. The cook prepares buffet style meals in an open, casual kitchen environment for 10-15 people at a time. Duties include preparing lunch and dinner meals, teaching our clients cooking skills as part of a cooking class and cleaning the kitchen. Candidate must have enthusiasm about food, basic cooking skills, creativity, good interpersonal and communication skills.
Our environment allows the freedom to be creative with food and work in a unique way. Clear communication skills and maintaining sanitation is a priority. The best candidate would be a key part of a treatment team with a common goal.
Experience with specialty diets such as gluten-free, dairy-free and vegetarian a plus.
Nutrition and diabetic exchange system knowledge preferred.
HS diploma or GED required. Successful applicants will need to obtain a Fingerprint Clearance Card, CPR/First Aid certification and a Mantoux Skin test(TB).
Registered Dietitian (PRN)
We're looking for a registered or regitration-eligible dietitian to play a key role in the multi-disciplinary team. Experience with eating disorders is preferred. Hours are flexible. Job duties include presenting nutrition groups, completing nutritional assessments and follow-up sessions.
Successful applicants will need to obtain a Fingerprint Clearance Card, CPR/First Aid certification and a Mantoux Skin test(TB).Subscribe to Our Newsletter
FREE Eating Disorder Support Group!
FREE weekly eating disorder support group for adults struggling with food issues, staffed by therapists from Mirasol Eating Disorder Recovery Centers. Thursdays from 5:30-6:45 pm at 3116 N Swan in Tucson. For more information, call 520-546-3200.
"Mirasol is light years ahead of any other program in the country."