Intensive Outpatient Eating Disorder Treatment For Adults
For Ages 18+ (Female and Male)
Mirasol offers a structured flexible intensive outpatient treatment for adults eighteen years of age and older (female and male). This extensive educational and therapeutic format allows clients the opportunity to embark on a path to recovery while maintaining a healthy lifestyle. A supportive environment allows participants to explore underlying issues and barriers to a healthy relationship with food. Have you suffered long enough? Now is the time to open the door to a new you.
This program provides short-term effective treatment for anorexia, bulimia, compulsive exercise, and binge eating, along with anxiety, depression, substance abuse, OCD and other co-occuring conditions.
Patterned after Mirasol's celebrated residential eating disorder treatment program, Mirasol's adult IOP uses an integrative approach that combines individual psychological counseling, family therapy and process groups with alternative therapies proven effective in the treatment of chronic anxiety-related conditions.
Mirasol's intensive outpatient program (IOP) for adults is ideal for clients who need more intensive treatment than routine outpatient care, or who are stepping down from inpatient or residential treatment.
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy and Dialectical Behavioral Therapy (DBT) teach mindfulness, effectiveness, and emotional modulation.
- Each client receives an individual psychological assessment and an individualized meal plan, and staff support at evening meals.
- Evening sessions allow individuals to continue to pursue their career and educational goals while receiving psychological and nutritional support.
- Programming three nights a week from 5pm to 8:15 pm, with two groups per night. Group topics include:
- body image
- belief work/spirituality
- self love
- emotional self-regulation
- life skills
- Weekly one-on-one sessions with a dietitian
- Weekly dietitian-led nutrition groups.
- Monthly cooking class
- Experiential outings
- Wilderness outings including, hiking, camping, caving and backpacking
- Clients also practice eating out as a group once a month at local restaurants with the support of Mirasol clinicians.
Please call 888-520-1700 to schedule an intake appointment.Subscribe to Our Newsletter How to Choose a Treatment Program
FREE Eating Disorder Support Group!
FREE weekly eating disorder support group for adults struggling with food issues, staffed by therapists from Mirasol Eating Disorder Recovery Centers. Thursdays from 5:30-6:45 pm at 3116 N Swan in Tucson. For more information, call 520-546-3200 or email Ann at firstname.lastname@example.org.
"Mirasol is light years ahead of any other program in the country."