FREE Eating Disorder Support Group!
FREE weekly eating disorder support group for adults struggling with food issues, staffed by therapists from Mirasol Eating Disorder Recovery Centers. For more information, call 520-546-3200 or email Ann at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Intensive Outpatient Eating Disorder Treatment for Teens Ages 12-17 (Female and Male)
Mirasol now offers intensive outpatient treatment for teens ages 12 to 17 (female and male). This program provides short-term effective treatment for anorexia, bulimia, compulsive exercise, and binge eating, along with anxiety, depression, substance abuse, OCD and other co-occuring conditions.
Patterned after Mirasol's celebrated residential eating disorder treatment program, Mirasol's IOP uses an integrative approach that combines individual psychological counseling, family therapy and process groups with alternative therapies proven effective in the treatment of chronic anxiety-related conditions.
Mirasol's intensive outpatient program (IOP) is ideal for clients who need more intensive treatment than routine outpatient care, or who are stepping down from inpatient or residential treatment.
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy and Dialectical Behavioral Therapy (DBT) teach mindfulness, effectiveness, and emotional modulation.
- Adventure Therapy and cutting-edge experiential activities including art therapy, dance-movement therapy, Zuzi dance and challenge courses provide teens with new strategies for managing relationships at home and at school — including their relationship with their own bodies.
- Program participants will rediscover the simple pleasure of cooking, shopping and dining together. The connections they form will deepen their understanding of their relationships with their families and peers.
- Multi-family process groups provide ongoing support for families as their loved ones progress through the program.
- Each client receives an individual psychological assessment and an individualized meal plan, and Mirasol dietitians provide meal support at evening sessions.
- Evenings and weekend sessions allow students to continue to pursue their academic goals while receiving psychological and nutritional support.
- Clients who already have outpatient therapists are encouraged to keep seeing them during non-program hours. Referrals will be provided for clients who aren't working with a dietitian, psychiatrist or medical doctor.
Please call 888-520-1700 to schedule an intake appointment.
(Brown Bag Lunch)
|Meal Support (Brown Bag Lunch)||1:00-1:30||Check-In|
|5:30-6:00||Check-In||Check-In and Process Group||1:30-3:00||Body Image,|
|6:30-7:30||Dialetical Behavioral Therapy||3:00-3:15||Snack|
|DBT Experiential Group||3:15-4:00||Experiential|