PHP or Day Treatment for Eating Disorders
Partial hospitalization (PHP) combines the independence of living in the real world with the structure and support of residential treatment. It's ideal for clients who are transitioning to independent living, but who need more assistance than conventional outpatient therapy can provide.
Mirasol's PHP or day treatment program provides individual psychotherapy and nutrition consultation as well as psychiatric and medical follow-up and discharge planning.
The program is staffed by a multidisciplinary treatment team consisting of nutritionists, therapists, psychologists and our staff psychiatrist and naturopathic physician.
Normalizing Behavior, Ensuring Adequate Nutrition, Identifying the Causes
The goals of the partial hospitalization include:
- establishing normal eating behavior and the complete cessation of bingeing-purging and other unhealthy behaviors aimed at weight control
- ensuring adequate caloric intake and, when necessary, weight gain to achieve nutritional balance
- identifying psychological and familial factors that contribute to the eating disorder
Individual Therapy, Process Groups and Nutritional Counseling
The partial hospitalization program is individualized for each client based on her needs and treatment goals. PHP clients receive:
- individual therapy
- individual nutritional counseling
- nutrition groups
- art therapy
- EMDR (if indicated)
- dialectical behavioral therapy (DBT)
- cooking class
- meals out
- individualized exercise
- daily process group topics include:
- communications skills
- body image
Overnight accommodations and support at all meals are also available.
PHP Day Program Schedule of Activities
While there will be some variation throughout your stay at Mirasol, an typical day follows the schedule below.
|1:30-2:30||Menu Planning Group|
|4:15-5:00||Pack for IOP|
|6:45-8:00||Evening Process Group|
|10:15-11:15||Dialectical behavioral Therapy Group|
|5:30-6:45||Community Support (Optional)|