Partial Hospitalization or Day Treatment
Eating disorder partial hospitalization combines the independence of living in the real world with the structure and support of residential treatment. It's ideal for clients who are transitioning to independent living, but who need more assistance than conventional outpatient therapy can provide.
Mirasol's partial hospitalization program (PHP) provides individual psychotherapy and nutrition consultation as well as psychiatric and medical follow-up and discharge planning.
The program is staffed by a multidisciplinary treatment team consisting of nutritionists, therapists, psychologists and our staff psychiatrist and naturopathic physician.
The goals of the partial hospitalization include:
- establishing normal eating behavior and the complete cessation of bingeing-purging and other unhealthy behaviors aimed at weight control
- ensuring adequate caloric intake and, when necessary, weight gain to achieve nutritional balance
- identifying psychological and familial factors that contribute to the eating disorder
The partial hospitalization program is individualized for each client based on her needs and treatment goals. In additional to individual nutrition counseling and psychotherapy, PHP clients receive:
- Meal Support
- Daily Process Groups
- Psycho-educational Groups
- body image
- cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT)
- dialectical behavioral therapy (DBT)
- family issues
- healthy boundaries
- relapse prevention
- Experiential Therapies
- art therapy
- exercise therapy
- trauma resolution
Overnight accommodations and support at all meals are also available.