FREE Eating Disorder Support Group!
FREE weekly eating disorder support group for adults struggling with food issues, staffed by therapists from Mirasol Eating Disorder Recovery Centers. For more information, call 520-546-3200 or email Ann at email@example.com.
|Equine therapy helps Mirasol clients learn the essence of clear communication and the importance of setting intentions.|
Healing the Whole Person
Mirasol's Eating Disorder Treatment Philosophy
- We believe that eating disorders are chronic stress-related conditions, and we apply the same techniques that have been used to successfully treat other chronic conditions such as chronic fatigue syndrome, fibromyalgia and IBS.
- Our multidisciplinary treatment team consists of practitioners from traditional psychiatry, psychotherapy, and medicine who work closely with complementary medicine practitioners.
- Every member of the Mirasol staff is an experienced, caring professional who is certified and/or licensed in his or her area of practice and is knowledgeable in the field of eating disorders. Our team lends its support and expertise in assessment, treatment, and aftercare planning, providing the best care and guidance possible.
- Our model of treatment for eating disorders is based on an integrative medical approach to mind-body-spirit healing. We help clients recover from chronic stress and trauma using a combination of cognitive as well as experiential therapies.
- Treatment plans are developed with the client's full participation and will reflect her individual needs. Each client will fully participate in those modalities that she and the staff feel will be most beneficial for her.
- Our spiritual philosophy is eclectic and does not promote any particular methodology or religion. Our philosophy honors clients in exploring and pursuing their own personal spiritual practices and/or religion.