February 2, 2014 by Jeanne Rust
The Impact of Childhood Trauma and Neglect on the Brain
I wanted to provide you with a sample of articles and videos from my favorite researchers and teachers in this area. Enjoy and remember to love deeply and freely. It's good for your brain!
- The impact of abuse and neglect on the developing brain — Article by Dr. Bruce Perry http://bit.ly/18jWOa8
- How childhood trauma influences brain development. — Article by Dr. Bruce Perry http://bit.ly/IhOHiB
- What's the difference between these two brains? — Brain scans show the impact love has on the developing brain. Article about differences in brain scans of secure attachment and neglect http://bit.ly/1he6oOq
- Trauma, the brain and relationship: helping children heal. — Powerful documentary featuring Bryan Post, Bruce Perry, M.D., Daniel Siegel M.D., Marti Glenn PhD and other renowned experts in the field of childhood trauma, and attachment and bonding.http://bit.ly/IhOU59
- Childhood trauma, affect regulation and borderline personality disorder. — Bessel van der Kolk, MD, delivers this lecture "Childhood Trauma, Affect Regulation, and Borderline Personality Disorder" as part of the 9th Annual Yale NEA-BPD Conference.http://bit.ly/1jCJlti
- Dr. Allan Schore neurobiology of secure attachment — http://bit.ly/1jCJxJ7 Dr. Schore and others speak simply about this topic. Great video for clients and parents.
- Healing attachment trauma: the journey to wholeness by Kenny Miller, LCSW DVD set for purchase: http://bit.ly/19X95Ln