Mirasol Recovery Centers is Co-Hosting Plymouth State University's Eating Disorder Institute Graduate Certificate Program
The Eating Disorders Institute Graduate Certificate program at Plymouth State University offers a 15 credit program for graduate credit for professionals in NH or at Mirasol Recovery Centers in Arizona.
The M.Ed. Health Education or a Certificate of Advanced Graduate Studies (CAGS) with a focus on eating disorders is also offered.
PSU's eating disorders courses provide professionals with research-based tools, techniques and strategies to use in medical treatment, mental health counseling, nutrition counseling or education and outreach work.
A series of four 3-credit graduate courses are offered in an intensive 3-day residential format with an online component plus a 120 hour capstone experience in eating disorders.
The program is designed to meet the needs of health and mental health professionals, dietitians, school professionals and others across the country with an interest in this unique specialization. It is also for those interested in becoming a Certified Eating Disorders Specialist in behavioral health, nutrition, or nursing.
There are only two graduate programs in the country offering this program and PSU's program is the oldest and most comprehensive.
- Members of the faculty have 100 years of combined experience in the eating disorders field
- Easily blended with graduate degree programs or CEU programs
- Low residence schedule to accommodate working professionals and out-of-state students
- Capstone personalized in the clinical or education/outreach area to meet student's interests and needs
- Approved site to offer the core eating disorders curriculum that satisfies the International Association of Eating Disorders Professionals (IAED) requirement for future certification
FOR MORE INFORMATION ABOUT THE EATING DISORDERS INSTITUTE CERTIFICATE PROGRAM:
Contact: Mardie Burckes-Miller, Ed.D. CEDS, CHES, FAED, Certified Eatign Disorders Specialist, Fellow, Academy of Eating Disorders
Phone: (603) 535-2515